Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Proposal

If you’ve ever watched a romantic comedy, you’ll know just about everything that’s going to happen in THE PROPOSAL long before it gets there. Sandra Bullock is the cold, driven New York book editor who’s actually Canadian and has a visa problem that means she’s about to get deported. Ryan Reynolds is her harried assistant who hates her. You can write the rest of the movie from there.

That said, they’re both so darned cute, and the script actually is pretty funny in places, and Betty White, who always cracks me up, has a major supporting role as the grandmother of Reynolds’ character, and a lot of the movie takes place in Alaska with some spectacular scenery (including a Bullock shower scene), and when you throw all that into the pot, THE PROPOSAL turns out to be a pretty decent little film. I enjoyed it, and as long as you’re not expecting anything ground-breaking, I think there’s a good chance you might, too.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I really liked this. There I've said it.

Scott D. Parker said...

Watched this last night and absolutely loved it. Bullock has some great comedic timing. Reynolds is a gem of a charmer. And I like that the ending (giving nothing away here people) was positive but not exactly happily ever after.

Cap'n Bob said...

Tell me more about the shower scene.