Friday, June 05, 2009

Birthday

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. They are much appreciated. It was a nice, leisurely day around here. I wrote a couple thousand words on the current book, hung out with the family, ate Mexican food and cheesecake, and watched some episodes of MYTHBUSTERS on DVD. A while back I expressed an interest in learning how to grill, so Livia, Shayna, and Joanna got me a charcoal grill ("with 20 burger capacity!") and a host of grilling accessories, gizmos, and whizbangs. I guess now I'll have to actually cook something. I may even report on it here. We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Mark Terry said...

YEp. Happy B-day late. And I'd say anything day that includes Mexican food and cheesecake is a good day.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Happy Birthday!! Didn't know till I saw your picture on Bill's blog. You all look so handsome.

James Reasoner said...

And, as I said about Burt Reynolds the other day, impossibly young. (Of course, this is the only way in which I can be compared to Burt Reynolds.)

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy birthday! You're doing it right!