Sunday, February 25, 2007

Two More Movies

Well, I said that I would at least mention every movie I watched this year, and since I'm a man of my word, I have to tell you that this weekend we saw AMERICAN PIE: BAND CAMP and LOVEWRECKED, a romantic comedy with Amanda Bynes that my daughter taped off one of the cable channels she gets at school. We live too far out in the sticks to even get cable. Anyway, I sort of like the AMERICAN PIE franchise. Yes, they're crude, sleazy, and inappropriate, but then, I'm a guy who never missed a PORKY'S movie back in the Eighties. BAND CAMP is the fourth in the series and the most lightweight one so far -- which is saying quite a bit -- but there are a few nice moments. LOVEWRECKED is much more innocuous but just as predictable. Amanda Bynes is just as cute and perky as she can be, though.

Just think, I could have been watching BABEL and THE QUEEN.

Got the new book started today and the work went pretty well. Since this is a house-name Western, I'm experimenting with my style, trying to stretch a few different writing muscles. I have a terrible tendency toward run-on sentences, so I'm trying to eliminate them in this manuscript right from the start. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: