Wednesday, January 31, 2007

End-of-the-Month Update

I plan on doing a post like this at the end of every month, just to sort of sum up things on various fronts.

WRITING

Between my mother's stroke and some medical problems involving Livia's parents that required me pitching in with a little help, I didn't get as much written this month as I intended. Even so, I only fell short of my goal by about 15 pages, so that's not too bad. I'd say that I'll make it up next month, but that may be difficult since February is a short month. (Blast! I need those extra two or three days!)

READING

These are the books I read in January, minus the one I panned a few posts back. Not being a critic, I can make arbitrary rules like not ripping a living author by name, even when I don't like his or her work.

A MAMMOTH MURDER, Bill Crider
HUNDRED-DOLLAR BABY, Robert B. Parker
JUDGE & JURY, James Patterson and Andrew Gross
BLACK FRIDAY AND SELECTED STORIES, David Goodis
THE CASE OF THE SILENT PARTNER, Erle Stanley Gardner
KILLING FLOOR, Lee Child
THE AVENGER #11: RIVER OF ICE, Kenneth Robeson (Paul Ernst)
GUNS AT GRAY BUTTE, Lewis B. Patten

MOVIES

I saw five movies in January: OUTLAW JUSTICE, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, MATERIAL GIRLS, NACHO LIBRE, and INHERIT THE WIND. A nice varied selection.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Pretty eclectic viewing and reading list. Sorry to hear about some of the health problems in the family. I hope that clears up quickly.