Thursday, September 14, 2006

#195 and New Specs

I picked up my new glasses on Tuesday, but I waited until today to switch over to them because I wanted to finish the current manuscript first. I wrapped it up late yesterday afternoon, my 195th novel. I've already started thinking about #200. If everything stays like it looks now, I know which book it will be (a house-name Western) and when (sometime in February).

Anyway, I'm now wearing the new glasses, and I hate them. This is not an unexpected development. I've always had trouble adjusting to new glasses, which is one reason I went so long wearing the ones I had. I can see better at a distance, but everything from about ten feet on in just looks wrong. I know I'll get used to them, but I'm going to gripe about them anyway. And I must admit, they look a lot better than my old ones did. We mustn't lose sight (so to speak) of the things that are really important.

1 comment:

Juri said...

I know what you're talking about - I remember when I got the glasses I'm wearing now, I felt dizzy and got a headache for at least a day. Then it settled down. (But I couldn't any more use the sunglasses I had, because they had a different shape to them and I felt dizzy every time I tried to use them.)

Good luck to adjusting to your new glasses!