Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Writing Update

I finished a book today (#187, if you're keeping count, and you know me -- I always keep count) and emailed it to the editor. It was a week late, which I know is not much in this business, but it always bothers me to miss a deadline. I resolve to do better next time, but real life has a habit of interfering, especially here lately.

Tomorrow I plan to take the day off, and then Thursday I'm going to start working on one of those short stories I mentioned the other day. If it goes well I'll be working on the next novel by this weekend.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

You've written 187 books? That is amazing!!! Congrats!

Juri said...

Congrats, James! Amazing! I just quoted you to my wife - her jaw fell to the floor.

Anonymous said...

Hey James!
First of all congrats to you for the 187 books! Wow, that only means I have that many more to read!!
I just stumbled on this blog today, and I know that this is an older posting that you had made....buuuuttt....I was hoping that I was going to find out soon about Corey,Titus,Mac...and so on and so on...Was this the book that you just finished? I discovered your books just about 4 months ago, and read like a marathon through the Civil War series.. Let me just tell you that they were awesome!!! Obviously the Brannons are in my thoughts every day, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for the family. Thanks for writing such awesome realistic books!