Thursday, July 14, 2005

Relatively Slow and Semi-steady

Page count for today: 17. Getting a new muffler put on my van took up part of the day.

My writing seems to fall into two distinct paces, and they vary from book to book. Some books I gallop along and write 25 or 30 or 35 pages a day, but I can only do that for a few days at a time and then I have to take at least a couple of days off. On other books, such as the one I'm writing now, I do fewer pages per day, usually somewhere between 12 and 18 but sometimes less than 10, but I work nearly every day with few breaks. This month, for example, I've written every day except one. In the end the number of pages I produce each month doesn't seem to vary much, no matter at which pace I get there. I probably prefer the sprints to the every day grind, but whatever gets the job done is fine with me.

No comments: