Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Page Proofs

I spent most of the day reading page proofs of a historical novel I did a while back. I think reading page proofs is my least favorite part of the writing process. (Well, that and waiting to get paid . . . ) In the first place, I'm not fond of revisiting a book I've written. Once I'm done, I'm done. Also, it takes time and concentration to read closely enough to catch typos. So far, I've read about half of the book, and I've found one page with a mistake on it. I don't know whether to be happy that they did such a good job on the production end, or grouchy because I'm wasting my time. It didn't help matters that today I got a box of pulp reprints that I'd ordered, and they're just crying out to be read. But I'll be diligent. I promise I will.

No comments: