Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Quite a weight off my shoulders today. I've been struggling with the concept for the historical novel proposal I need to do, hoping that something would come out of the research so that it would all make sense to me. Then this afternoon Livia said two words to me (and I'm not going to reveal what those words were), and enough of the pieces suddenly snapped into place that I could "see" the book in my head. Until I get to that point, I can't get much done. Now, I feel confident that I can write not only the proposal but the book, too, when the time comes.

Other than that, I took the van in to have it worked on, went to the dentist, and then picked up the van. I'm not a person who hates going to the dentist. It doesn't bother me much. Today's visit was okay, even rather pleasant.

Finished reading THE GOLD MOVERS. Len Meares was a very entertaining writer. I'm now reading THE BLACK ECHO by Michael Connelly. I've started this book a couple of times before but never got very far into it. Quite a few people I know like this series a lot, though, so I thought I'd give it another try. Several years ago I read Connelley's BLOOD WORK and liked it, but that's the only thing by him I've ever read.

No comments: